A trigger is a special type of stored procedure or action that allows you to setup automatic reaction runs in response to conditions or events.
Adding a new trigger
You can create a new trigger easily by following the steps below
1) Select Automation from Settings
2) Select Triggers
3) Add + New Trigger
4) Fill in Trigger Information
- Trigger Name: Tickets assigned to me
- Trigger Description: enter a description for the trigger
- Scope: The workspace the trigger will be activated in
- Trigger Action: select an action from the drop down list to use them as the action triggers (Ticket created, ticket updated, activity created, stage changed, ticket created via email, comment added)
** Under the Ticket updated option, the below are the values that are considered updates for the ticket:
1- Ticket subject
2- Ticket status
3- Ticket owner
4- Ticket assignee
5- Priority level
6- Ticket description
The Ticket updated triggered action will work on existing tickets, and will be activated when one of the above values is updated.
- You can specify one or more conditions to trigger the action
- Trigger Re-Action: select a reaction in response to the trigger action.
- Update ticket: select a field in the ticket to update.
- Send email: select an email template to send
- Add Comment: Add a comment to be added to the ticket
- Add Watcher: Add a watcher to the ticket, either choose a static watcher or choose the default watcher per Request Type
Triggers are activated from the older to the newest, depending on their orders. (Trigger order is mentioned on each trigger)