A trigger is a special type of stored procedure or action that allows you to setup automatic reaction runs in response to conditions or events.
Adding a new trigger
You can create a new triggers easily by following the below steps.
- Go to Settings > Automation > Triggers
- Click on “+ New Trigger”
- Fill in the fields and set up the trigger actions and reactions
- Trigger Name: select a name for the trigger
- Trigger Description: enter a description for the trigger
- Scope: the workspace/ area that the trigger will be activated in. You can select from the drop down list of created Workspaces.
- Trigger Actions: select an action from the drop down list to use them as the action triggers (Ticket created, ticket updated, activity created)
** Under the Ticket updated option, the below are the values that are considered updates for the ticket:
1- Ticket subject
2- Ticket status
3- Ticket owner
4- Ticket assignee
5- Priority level
6- Ticket description
The Ticket updated triggered action will work on existing tickets, and will be activated when one of the above values is updated.
- You can specify one or more conditions to trigger the action
- Trigger Reactions: select a reaction in response to the trigger action.
- Update ticket: select a field in the ticket to update.
- Send email: select an email template to send
- Add Comment: Add a comment to be added to the ticket
- Add Watcher: Add a watcher to the ticket, either choose a static watcher or choose the default watcher per Request Type
Triggers are activated from the older to the newest, depending on the creation date. (Trigger order is mentioned on each trigger)