A knowledge base is a collection of documentation/resolutions that often contains answers to frequently asked questions, how-to manuals, and troubleshooting instructions. Its goal is to make it simple for individuals to find solutions without having to seek assistance.
Sources of Knowledge Base data:
– Manually, by uploading new materials.
– Automatically, by copying closed tickets to the Knowledge Base.
Accessing the Knowledge Base
Click on the “Knowledge Base” icon.
Adding new entries to the Knowledge Base
Adding a new entry directly from the knowledge base module.
- Go to “Knowledge Base”
- Click on “+ New item”
- Fill in the fields
- Request Type: Select which Request Type you are connecting the knowledge with.
- Type: Select which Type you are connecting the knowledge with.
- Sub Type: Select which Sub Type you are connecting the knowledge with.
- Subject: Input the Subject/title of the issue.
- Description: Input the details of the issue.
- Resolution: Input the resolution to the issue and how to fix it.
- Documents: Attach relevant documents to the specified issue
Adding an entry from a resolved ticket (Added by the ticket author)
When a ticket is labeled as fixed and returned to the author to verify the ticket resolution, the Author has the option to add the resolution to the knowledge base.
- You will receive a notification to verify the ticket resolution.
- Check/uncheck the box to add the resolution to the Knowledge Base
The resolution will be added to the Knowledge Base ONLY if the ticket is verified as fixed.