Email notifications have been a staple of SteadyPoint Helpdesk. You have the ability to change the default contents of outgoing system emails, in addition to being able to turn off certain emails.
First off, which emails can you turn off?
In short, any email that is not a ticket task email. What that means is, you can turn off notification emails, but emails that include a task cannot be turned off. A more detailed list will be at the bottom of the post explaining which email can be turned off.
Changing the contents of an Email
- To change what the body of each email includes, start by going to the Settings > General Settings > Email Templates
- Click on the Edit icon
- Fill in the fields, If the email can be turned off, the checkbox titled Active will be visible
- Title: Preset in the system.
- Email Subject: Input the Email subject; pick from list of preset items as placeholders.
- Email Body: Edit the email body
The placeholder attribute is a character, word, or string of characters that temporarily takes the place of the final data.
Emails that can be turned off
Some of the Email Templates are created with the option of activating/ deactivating them; this is useful to limit the number of emails sent to the users and stakeholders. Below is the list of emails that has the option.
- Ticket on behalf of email.
- Ticket reminder email.
- Ticket delegation email.
- Ticket escalation email.
- Ticket closure email.
- Ticket auto closure email.
- Ticket cancelation email.
- Ticket messages email.
- Ticket discussion email.
- Ticket reminder activity email.
- Service request delegation email.
- Service request escalation email.
- Service request discussion email.
- Add user to Workspace email.
- Mention user in post.
- Ticket watcher notification.