You can create reminders in Helpdesk to alert ticket assignee’s of existing tasks. The system will send repetitive reminders to the assignee until there’s a response or the reminder cap has been breached.
1. Go to the settings menu on the left-hand side of your dashboard.
2. Under SLA, click on reminders.
3. The list in front of you includes the 3 default reminders in the system, to create your own reminders, click on new item.
4. The reminder creation screen should look like the following picture. When you are done filling out the fields, click on save.
Each reminder includes the following fields:
- Default: If this box is checked, this means the reminder being created becomes the base-level reminder that applies to all the levels in the problem category if no specific reminders are created.
- Area/Type/sub-type: Reminders can be created for each level in the problem category.
- Priority: A priority level can be assigned to each reminder.
- CAP: The cap/limit that is set on the number of emails that are sent. For example, a cap of 3 means 3 emails will be sent after the reminder starts.
- Recurring Business Hours: The values inserted here are used to define the starting time and frequency of the reminders (in hours).
- Recurring Business Minutes (works in association with Recurring Business Hours): The values inserted here are used to define the starting time and frequency of the reminders (in minutes).
5. A reminder email should look like this: