1. To start, click on settings on the left-hand side of your dashboard.
2. Under look-ups, click on Form Templates
3. You’ll see a list of all the created templates, in our example it’s empty, click on new item.
4. Enter the name of the new template at the top of the template form.
5. Under Template Metadata, you can create rows to add to your template. There are 6 types of fields that you can use in your template: Text, Choice, Number, Data/Time, Note and Person or Group).
- Text: User can enter a single line of text.
- Choice: User makes a selection (drop-down menu).
- Number: User enters a number.
- Date/Time: User picks a date and a time.
- Note: User can enter a multi-line text.
- Person or Group: User can lookup “Persons” or “Groups” in the Active Directory.
6. Add Row lets you add more rows while the red cross to the left of the row allows you to remove rows. The Checkbox on the right of the cross is used to make a field a required entry.
7. Once you are finished creating your template, press save.
Using Templates with Tickets
Templates can be added to tickets on a per category basis, meaning that if you need separate templates for different categories under Type, you need to create and assign the appropriate template for every type.
For more information on creating the problem catalog, follow this link.
Using Templates with Service Requests
Templates can be added to each individual service, for more information on creating service requests, follow this link.